The Essentials Of Air Conditioning Maintenance
There is no doubt that maintaining and repairing an air conditioner takes a heavy toll on every homeowner’s expenses.
This is due to the fact that AC repair and services do not come cheap, as the levels of dexterity in AC repair is quite high, only a skilled technician that possess a whole array of skills can truly repair an air conditioning unit to perfection.
On the other hand, these high AC repair costs can be avoided through some routine maintenance steps.
These steps will not only ensure that your air conditioner is working at its optimum level but will also help avoid high repair and maintenance costs.
Besides this, an air conditioner that is well maintained will conserve energy much more efficiently which will help keep electricity bill manageable.
5 Steps To Maintain Your Air Conditioner Unit
The steps given below are the measures recommended by the most acclaimed AC repair services out there. Following these steps will ensure that your air conditioner is working to perfection.
These steps can be carried out by anyone without the help of a professional.
1) Shut off the power of the unit: the first step is to completely shut of your air conditioner.
This can only be done by turning off the exterior shut off box and at the breaker box.
2) Remove the filter: Remove the filters and clean them or replace them periodically.
Clogged or dirty filters can cause many problems.
3) Clean the coil: Removing the filters will expose the air conditioner unit’s coils.
Use a cleaning agent that is designed especially for these coils.
4) Clean the outer unit: The external unit also has coils which can be exposed simply by opening the units casing.
5) Turn the air conditioner on: Once powered on, turn the air conditioner to its maximum level for at least 10 – 20 minutes.
These 5 steps should be done on a regular basis to ensure that your air conditioner is working at its optimum level and to avoid high AC repairs.
For more information about maintenance or to hire sublime cost-effective AC repair services please follow us on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+RedCapPlumbingTampa/posts