Your air conditioning should carry your household or business through the hottest days of the year. Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air offers AC evaporator coil cleaning, repair, and replacement to make that happen. We deliver the work you need in the timeframe you expect it to happen. Jupiter, FL demands a lot from AC units, but our customers know that their climate control demands are no match for our quality service.
Keep your air quality the best it can be with one of our air purifier solutions. Call us for same-day service!
Why Should I Care About Evaporator Coils?
Evaporator coils are a small part of your AC unit that plays a major role. Water condensates on the freezing coils, causing it to cool and evaporate into the air. The cool air is then forced out of the system and into your home or office. Troubleshooting malfunctioning evaporator coils is typically a job for our professionals to handle and is easily replaced if necessary.
What Are the Symptoms of a Defective Evaporator Coil?
Evaporator coil issues are fairly easy to diagnose. Timely servicing can make the difference between needing a simple repair or a full replacement. Be on the lookout for leaks, freezes, and odors and know what they mean.
- Leaks: Refrigerant can be harmful, and adding more to your ac unit will not fix the leak. Our professionals will repair or replace the problem, add refrigerant to meet manufacturer specifications, and test that the system is running properly.
- Freezes: The coils tend to run about 32 degrees, making it possible for frost to build up and block cool air production. Cleaning the inner parts of the system usually clears this up.
- Odors: Water that does not evaporate quickly can build up on the fins of your evaporator coils, breeding mold and bacteria that can be blown through your home if left unserviced. Regularly changing air filters can stop this from happening.
The quality of your air hinges on a clean system, and your evaporator coils aren’t the only part that needs to be maintained. Read about our air filter replacement service to keep your family breathing better.
How Can I Prevent Future Problems?
Prevention is simple in the HVAC world. The best thing you can do is find a problem before it shows many symptoms, and being aware of the status of your air conditioning system is the first step. Here are some easy steps to keeping your evaporator coils and the entire system in tip-top shape:
- Keep the coils clean and dry.
- Remove any debris from around the unit.
- Stick to a routine maintenance schedule.
- Change air filters regularly.