Need backup power for your home? Consider installing a home standby generator so you’re covered during power outages and emergencies. But backup generator installation requires expertise. At Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air, we take pride in quality and professionalism. Our professional electricians and technicians are well versed in generator installation and repair. You can count on us for generator services in Jupiter, FL, and surrounding areas.
Meet your home's energy demands with the help of our licensed electricians. We offer dependable meter change services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
What Is a Standby Generator?
A standby generator is a system that keeps your power on when there’s an outage. Generators are usually installed outside the house (like an AC unit) and come on automatically, sending power to appliances and light sockets within seconds of a power outage. Once the generator senses utility power is back online, it automatically transfers your home to utility power and then shuts down until it’s needed next time.
What Factors Should You Consider When Choosing a Generator?
There are many considerations to make when selecting a generator. Here are some of the most important factors to keep in mind:
- Type: Generators can be standby, electric or portable. You can select the type of generator you need by considering the cheapest and easily available source of energy.
- Power output rating: You need to ensure you’re getting the right sized generator that can handle your power requirement needs in the event of a power outage.
- Physical characteristics: Size, noise, portability, and placement of your generator are factors you can’t afford to ignore. Bear in mind your comfort and feasibility.
- Fuel efficiency: You want to invest in a fuel-efficient generator that will lower operational costs and reduce the hassle of refilling the tank.
Other factors to consider are the backup generator installation, service, and warranty, maintenance, and repair.
Worried about power surges within your home? Our team has you covered with whole-home surge protector solutions. Call us to book your appointment!
Why Should You Install a Generator?
- Peace of mind
- Access to electricity even during a power outage
- Prevent power surges to your electrical devices and appliances