If you notice your lights flickering or you smell something burning near your outlets, you need to act quickly and schedule professional repairs to have experts inspect and repair the problem. Taking swift action can help you prevent a potentially dangerous situation. Call Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air for services in Fellsmere, FL. We provide 24-hour services and upfront pricing.
We offer complete electrical services to the Fellsmere area, including:
- Panel changes
- Panel upgrades
- Yard and landscape lighting
- Whole home generators
- Outlet and switch repairs
- Motion and security lighting
- Whole home surge protection
- Meter changes
See why our customers value our work when you read our clients’ testimonials.
What To Do if You Suspect an Electrical Emergency
Electrical issues cannot be ignored. If you suspect there’s an issue, it’s essential to schedule professional repairs as soon as possible. You should describe what issue you are experiencing and let the technicians determine if you need to schedule emergency services or if a regular appointment is OK.
Some issues that might cause you to seek emergency assistance can include:
- Power outage
- Wiring issues
- Tripped circuit breaker
- Panel issues
- Burning smell coming from outlets or switches
Getting Shocks From Your Outlets? Schedule Services
Getting a shock when you touch a switch or unplug an outlet might seem like a simple, normal occurrence, but it can actually require professional services. If you live in a newer home, an expert should inspect your outlets or switches.
If you live in an older home, it can signal that it’s time to replace your wiring to make sure it’s up to current codes and electrical demands. You need an electrician to repair or replace the wiring immediately to avoid these dangerous situations.
Is anxiety over the bill preventing you from scheduling electrical repairs? Contact us to ask about our financing options.
Common Generator Repairs
You need a functioning generator to prevent losing power at your home during a major storm. However, occasionally your system might encounter issues that can require professional repairs.
Some common issues you might encounter can include:
- Leak in the coolant system: There are many potential causes of coolant leaks, including leaking engine cylinder gaskets, cracked cylinder heads and defective sleeves. An electrician should inspect the issue to determine the exact cause.
- Damaged wiring: As it ages, wiring can corrode and fray. If the wiring is damaged it should be repaired immediately to avoid more serious issues.
- Fuel issues: If your fuel system isn’t working, it can be due to contamination in the fuel tank if algae, bacteria and other sediment get stuck in the system.
- Worn out belts: As belts age, they can show signs of wear and tear. If you notice the belts are worn, dry or cracked you should have them replaced by a professional.
- Burned components: While generators operate they can produce extreme temperatures that can cause electrical components, motors, circuit boards, coils and other parts to suffer damage and burns.