Tankless or on-demand water heater models are becoming more popular among property owners in Port St. Lucie, FL, and with good reason. These units offer a plethora of benefits like energy savings, minimal space requirements, and, most importantly, reliable hot water throughout the day.
If you need tankless water heater services for your home or business, our experts at Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air have 30 years of expertise to guarantee your satisfaction. When you choose us, you can expect timely arrivals, upfront prices, and long-lasting solutions to your property’s plumbing problems.
Did your water heater stop working? We’re here for you 24/7 with fast emergency plumbing services.
How Does a Tankless Water Heater Work?
Unlike traditional water heaters, tankless models don’t store hot water in a container. Instead, cold water travels through a pipe and passes a heating element whenever you turn on a hot water tap. That’s why many experts also call them an on-demand water heater.
Some property owners hesitate to invest in a tankless water heater installation because they tend to be pricier than their standard counterparts. When used properly, however, they can save you money in the long run and offer many other advantages.
Reasons to Go Tankless
If you’re on the fence about getting a tankless water heater, these benefits might change your mind:
- Lower utility bills: According to the US Department of Energy, tankless units are up to 50% more energy-efficient than tank-style units.
- Longer operational lifespan: Tankless water heaters can last over 20 years with proper maintenance, double the average lifespan of tank-style units.
- Space savings: Without the need for a large storage tank, you can store tankless heaters just about anywhere.
- Instant hot water: One of the biggest selling points of tankless models is they bring instant hot water that never runs out.
Did you know that hard water can lower the lifespan of your water heater? Invest in a water softener system today to keep your plumbing appliances and fixtures in excellent shape for years to come!
Signs You Need Tankless Water Heater Repair
Many property owners don't notice the worsening condition of their point-of-use water heater until it's too late and they get blasted with ice-cold water. If you want to avoid reaching this stage, you need to be aware of the warning signs and call our experts the moment you spot them:
- Fluctuating temperatures
- Poor water pressure
- Water leaks
- Cloudy-looking water
- Off-smelling water
- Odd noises coming from the unit