More and more contaminants and impurities are entering our water supplies. That’s why many homeowners in Port St. Lucie, FL, are now seeking an added layer of protection against potentially harmful substances in their tap water.
If you're looking to improve the quality of the water in your home, we're the team to call. Our experts at Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air offer various water purification systems that will tackle specific issues with your water.
High mineral content can lead to corrosion and affect the quality of your water. Consider adding a water softener system to your new water purifier.
Signs You Need a Whole-House Water Filtration System
Consider investing in water filtration system installation if your household experiences these signs of poor water quality:
- Scale buildup: Scale is the white, powdery film you might see forming on your plumbing fixtures and appliances.
- Off-smelling or tasting water: When your tap water is anything but clear, scentless, and tasteless, it likely has contaminants.
- Irritated skin and scalp: Do you always feel itchy and dry after bathing? High mineral and chlorine content in your tap water might be the culprit.
While any home can benefit from a water filtration system, we especially recommend getting your plumbing assessed if it was installed before 1970 or you use a private well.
Your Whole-Home Water Filtration System Options
We know that every home’s water situation is unique, which is why we work hard to create tailor-fit solutions that tackle specific problems. Depending on your needs, we might recommend one or more of these water purification treatments:
- Cation exchange: Hard water will corrode your plumbing over time, but cation exchange filters will siphon out the harmful minerals.
- Activated carbon: Carbon filters can reduce contaminants like chlorine, lead, pesticides, and harmful microorganisms from your water.
- Reverse osmosis: A reverse osmosis filter uses a semi-permeable membrane that blocks minerals, dirt, bacteria, and other contaminants.
If you notice a very sudden drop in your home’s water quality, it likely stems from a serious plumbing problem. Call us for fast plumbing repairs in Port St. Lucie!
We Can Fix Any Issue With Your Whole-Home Water Filtration System
A well-maintained filtration system is very resistant to damage, but they’re not immune to the occasional problem. If you already have a water purifier, and your water quality is poor again, call our experts to examine your unit. We will thoroughly assess your system, clean every component, and fix the damage to restore its original condition.