During the hot summer days, there’s nothing worse than a broken or ineffective air conditioner. Fortunately, Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air provides all the air conditioning services you need. Whether you need AC maintenance services, central AC installation, or air conditioner repair, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team.
We are your trusted source for friendly and reliable AC service throughout Sebastian, FL, and the surrounding areas. For over 30 years, our residential and commercial clients have trusted us to meet all their cooling needs. Our technicians go above and beyond to provide top-notch, dependable services.
Take a look at our reviews to see what other homeowners are saying about us.
What Are Some Common AC Problems?
If your air conditioning system is struggling to keep your home comfortable, producing cool air, or simply won’t start up, it may be experiencing one of the more common AC repair issues below.
- Frozen condenser coils
- Refrigerant leak
- Broken compressor fan
- Drainage issues
How To Tell Your AC Unit Needs Repairs
The last thing you want to do is come home in the middle of summer to realize your air conditioner isn't working. In the span of an hour, your home can quickly reach well into the 80’s, and you’ll be scrambling to find help fast.
While we’re always available 24/7 and can help our customers get their system back up and running, we also like to help keep you informed on ways to avoid emergency repair issues. If you’re dealing with any of the following symptoms, trouble may be on the horizon.
- Higher Than Usual Electric Bill: Most homeowners will pay pretty close attention to their electric bills. If yours is on the rise, and you’re not doing anything out of the ordinary, the culprit is most likely your air conditioner. When your unit is deteriorating, it’ll work harder to cool your home - which translates into the higher energy costs.
- Water Leaks: Living in Sebastian means running your air way more often in the summer, and if you start seeing puddles of water under your air conditioner, there’s definitely a problem. In most instances, it’s caused by frozen evaporator coils. As they thaw because of warmer temperatures, you’ll be left with water in your home, which can cause significant property damage.
- Temperature Fluctuation: If you’re turning on your air it’s because you want colder temperatures. So if those temperatures in your home are sometimes hot and sometimes cold, then your unit isn't working as it should. While it can sometimes be something as simple as a damaged thermostat, in other instances, it can indicate a mechanical failure inside your home.
- Poor Air Quality: Your air conditioner is responsible for distributing clean and comfortable air throughout your home. So if you’re constantly sneezing, dealing with annoying allergies, or just uncomfortable, the AC may be the problem. The more dust and grime inside your unit, the more those impurities make their way into your home. By that same token, always be on the lookout for strange smells, as this can be a sign of electrical damage in your unit.
While there are plenty of other signs that could warn you that you need AC repair, these are the main ones. Anytime you notice something is off with your system, give our technicians a call. We are available 24/7 and offer detailed and thorough services that can have your air conditioner in top shape in no time.
What Happens During a Professional Maintenance Visit?
Maintaining your AC prevents unwanted costs and future problems. You can keep your cooling system at peak performance by having an AC contractor do an annual AC tune-up. During a typical maintenance check, you can expect a certified technician to:
- Check the thermostat settings
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check the AC refrigerant level
- Check system controls
- Check and inspect the condensate drain
- Clean the evaporator and condenser AC coils
- Clean and adjust blower components
The Perks of Upgrading Your Air Conditioner
No one ever wants to replace their air conditioner, but if the time comes that you have to, at least look at the silver lining. There are plenty of perks that make air conditioner installation a positive thing for you and your home. Consider the following:
- Improves Energy Efficiency: Your older air conditioner was most likely costing you thousands in excess energy costs. With a new AC unit in place, you’ll enjoy improved energy efficiency, which can easily help pay for the cost of the installation, to begin with. Newer systems are being made with energy-saving technologies, and you can most likely find something in your budget that does just that.
- Extended Life: Not only are air conditioners now more durable than ever but also for many brands and units, there is a warranty on new systems. As long as they’re installed by licensed technicians, like ourselves, you’ll enjoy warranty coverage, which can help you in the event of any future issues.
- Better Air Circulation: A common reason why people will replace their AC is that it’s struggling to circulate air throughout your home. Whether it’s because you’ve made recent square footage additions to your home or because the air conditioner is too old, the fact is it won’t keep up. A new unit will be properly sized for your home, and able to cool every nook and cranny easily.
- Added Property Value: Looking to sell your home? Trying to find ways to lower your insurance? New appliances are always a great way to do both, and a new air conditioner is a perfect choice. Not only is it a great selling point for your home, but also it can go a long way to help you lower costs and even refinance your home with some added property value.
- No Constant Repairs: If you’ve been struggling with dealing with regular repairs on your old air conditioner, that’ll be a thing of the past. With a new AC unit and routine maintenance you can avoid major emergencies and enjoy peace of mind that when you need to cool down, your AC will get the job done.
It’s also important to work with a pro for all your air conditioner installation needs. At Elite we help you from beginning to end. From diagnosing your old system to helping you find a new one, and installing it according to manufacturer standards.
Need to make a major purchase or upgrade? We have flexible and convenient financing options.
24 Hour AC repair
The most likely time for your AC to break is when you need it the most. It’s not uncommon for your AC to give out on the hottest day of summer when the temperatures in Sebastian are unbearable. At Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air, we understand that you can’t always wait for regular business hours to call for AC repairs. That’s why we offer emergency AC service.
Our technicians are available to take your emergency repair request at any time, including holidays and weekends. We respond to whatever cooling issues you have, and we work with all AC makes and brands. Don’t suffer through the summer’s heat when we’re available around the clock.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription