When you need an AC contractor you can count on to do the job right the first time, look no further than Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air. We have the expert electricians you can rely on when you need prompt service and reliable solutions. From AC repair and central AC installation to AC maintenance services and tune-ups, our team has all your cooling service needs covered. We have been providing air conditioning service to homes and businesses in Stuart, FL, since 1988.
See what our customers have to say about us on our reviews page.
Common AC Problems Homeowners Face
To keep your cooling system working at peak efficiency, it’s crucial to know how to identify common problems that plague ACs. Here are some typical issues you may encounter when owning an AC.
- Reduced cooling capacity
- A bad capacitor
- Low refrigerant
- Clogged condensate drain line
- Failing blower motor
Benefits of Installing a New AC
You’ll experience many benefits from installing a new AC. Enjoy improved health, protect your family from harmful contaminants, and of course, pay less on your energy costs. Additional benefits of installing a new cooling system include:
- Better comfort: Installing a new AC will reduce air duct leaks and unwanted drafts, creating improved airflow that will give your home a more uniform temperature. Contact us to learn more about programmable thermostats and zoning.
- Increased home value: Whether you’re looking to sell your property soon or planning to stay for years to come, investing in a new AC is a small change that can significantly improve your home’s value.
- Quieter operation: Newer cooling systems are designed to run at lower decibels than ever before. If your current AC is already too loud, replacing it with a new one can reduce noise levels significantly.
Why Choose Professional Installation of an Air Conditioning Unit?
Some people feel like there isn’t a ton of work that goes into installing different types of air conditioners. Others think that maybe it’s cheaper to treat the project as a DIY. There is nothing wrong with this line of thinking, however, there are other considerations to take into account.
Opting to hire a professional company like Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air to install your new AC will give you the benefits of:
- Peace of mind- you know your unit is installed correctly
- Not having to dispose of the old unit
- Having complete records of all work done for warranty purposes
- Repairs can be made quickly because the company will know the existing arrangement and placement of anything related to your unit
What is the Science Behind Air Duct Cleaning?
If you were to internet search the purpose of air duct cleaning or if it works, you’d probably run across mixed reviews. You may even see that there is ‘no science’ behind it. This couldn’t be further from the truth; in actuality, there is plenty of science behind it and that is why we recommend this service as part of your air conditioner maintenance plan.
- Energy Savings: Dirty ducts make air conditioners work harder. Harder working air conditioners cost more to run and also require more frequent repairs
- Improved Air Quality: Air ducts have all of your home’s air running through them. If your ducts are full of dust, debris, mold, bacteria or any other contaminants, you will breathe them in. These contaminants can cause the worsening of illnesses like asthma
- Better Smells: Musty smells and odors can often be attributed to the grime in your ducts. Aromas of pet accidents, food preparation, cleaning agents, or smoke can all linger in air ducts. This is especially true when there is already debris present as the odors have a place to set into.
Regardless of your reasoning, air duct repairs and cleaning are a great way to get your air conditioner working in perfect conditions. At Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air we offer a full range of air conditioner repairs and maintenance, and are available 24/7!
We’re proud to offer flexible financing options to help ease any repair or installation costs.
24 Hour AC Repair
So you’re seated in your cool and comfy living room when out of the blue, your AC stops working. And it takes just about a minute before you start to feel the sweltering heat of a typical Stuart summer. If this has ever happened to you, you’re not alone. Fortunately, we at Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air offer emergency AC service.
We’re the AC contractor homeowners trust for 24/7, 365 AC services, and our team can fix cooling systems of every make and model. When you work with us, you can expect top-notch, air conditioner repair. We also provide friendly service, and upfront pricing for all the services we provide – regardless of the time of day or night you call.
What thermostat works with Google Home?
There are several thermostats on the market that work well with Google Home. Ecobee is the first brand on the list; there are a couple models but the most popular ones are the Ecobee 3 lite and the Ecobee 4. The next thermostat on the list is by Nest and is called the Learning Thermostat. Lux makes Kono Thermostat which is well-liked because of the ability to change the cover to match existing decor. Finally, Honeywell is the creator of several smart thermostats that are compatible with this feature. These are just a few options, but no matter your choice, using any of these will help your home become more energy efficient while staying comfortable and cool.
What size dehumidifier do I need?
These important appliances are sized by their ability to remove moisture from the air. They are labeled as X-number dehumidifier which means they are capable of removing that many pints of moisture from the air each day.
This number is loosely based on the amount of space that needs to be dehumidified. The other information required is less quantifiable: how damp is the space? If it’s not terribly damp, then a dehumidifier rated for that square footage will suffice. In the event of a wetter area, a dehumidifier with a higher capacity should be considered. Sometimes this is still a difficult question to answer, so consulting with a professional is advised.
Which air purifier is best?
Air purifiers are important to allow for the breathing of clean air. However, they are completely necessary for those that suffer from respiratory illness. There is no true ‘best’ of air purifiers, as they each serve a purpose and can work well in different scenarios. When considering the installation of these appliances, it is usually best to consider whole house options, as well as the type of purifier you’d like.
UV air purifiers work well because they can kill microscopic contaminants such as mold, mildew, bacteria and other airborne organisms. They also eliminate pet dander as well as dust and debris too small to be caught by your air filter.
for Stuart, FL
Yardiel electrical inspection