Living in South Florida, your AC unit is probably the most important appliance in your house. We get a few cold days here and there, but typically the temperature stays in the 80 and 90-degree range. So, you want to make sure that your AC unit is working perfectly all year round to stay cool and comfortable at home.
When you call, our Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air AC experts will arrive at your location and analyze the problem with your AC unit and get it fixed quickly and efficiently. Give us a call today and speak with one of our skilled technicians and set an appointment for an on-site visit with one of our professionals in West Palm Beach, FL.
Are we the right ones for you and your AC unit? Check out our customer reviews and see what other homeowners have to say about our service.
How to Maintain Your AC Unit
You want to keep your AC unit in peak working condition, especially in Florida’s hot summer months. Here are a few ways to maintain your unit and avoid an air conditioning emergency!
- The aluminum fins on evaporator and condenser coils can easily bend and block airflow through the coil. Taking a tool called a "fin comb" that will comb these fins back into the nearly original condition is an ideal way to help maintain your AC unit.
- Every so often, pass a stiff wire through the unit's drain channels. Clogged drain channels can cause moisture buildup in your AC unit which may cause discoloration on the walls or carpet.
- Before the temperature drops, make sure to inspect the seal between the AC unit and window frame to make sure there is no space between them. Moisture can damage this seal, allowing cool air to escape from your house.
When to Call for Emergency AC Repair
Even with maintenance, emergencies can still occur. You may need to call an emergency AC technician if:
- Your AC is not blowing cool air, there could be something wrong with the cooling system: There are many reasons it could be malfunctioning. If the AC is blowing hot air or not blowing any air at all, call Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air for emergency AC service on your unit.
- The unit is making loud, screeching noises: It could be anything from a loose fan belt to the unit working under too much pressure. In any case, you need to contact Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air and have an emergency AC technician come out to where you are.
- Where there is smoke, there is fire: And where there is a burning smell there usually is trouble. If your unit smells like it’s burning, turn it off immediately and contact us so we can send an emergency AC technician out to diagnose and fix the problem.
- Your coils are frozen: The best course of action is not to handle it on your own, but to have an expert emergency AC technician resolve the issue effectively and efficiently.
Your AC unit is no small investment- protect it with a peace of mind maintenance plan. Apply online!
Looking for a New AC Unit
If you think it is time to change your AC unit, the experts at Elite Electric, Plumbing & Air can assist. They can help you choose a unit that will fit perfectly in your home and be as cost-efficient as possible. From sizing the unit and installing it to giving you tips on maintenance, we do it all. Contact us today to speak with a representative and make an appointment.